Sunday, August 23, 2009

Two Weeks Already

The boys and I arrived two weeks ago, which I can hardly believe. We continue to get our house together; I continue to try and keep food in the house for two growing boys; and we're busy figuring out our after-school activities - not so different from Michigan living! Except that Griffin started Kindergarten (Prep) in a foreign country and now sings "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes" in German. Pictures from the first day of school:



One of the easiest things so far in this country is finding yummy snacks, especially breads and chocolates! Here are Ethan and Griffin's new go-to treats. Apfelschorle is a carbonated apple juice (they think they're getting away with something because it's almost like soda) and Geback-Stangen are crunchy, flaky breadstick-like snacks.



The boys are adjusting really well to their new school, and they've been cute because they'll ask me how I'm doing while they're at school - did I get around OK? did I meet any new friends? They understand that it's as big of a change for Scott & I as it is for them. Scott of course was thrown right into work and doing fine, and I've been so happy with how friendly and helpful the moms have been at the school, especially the ones that have been here for some time. There's a great "pay it forward" attitude, because everyone was helped when they first got here, and then they turn around and help the next batch of newbies. I've never had navigation in a vehicle before, but I don't know what I'd do without it here. I was happy, though, that last week I could get to the boys' school and two local grocery stores without it!


Playing at the Rhein River, which is about one mile from our house.

1 comment:

  1. The boy's looked so handsome and grown up on their first day of school. Glad they are adjusting so well. I'll have to try their favorite snack's when I come out. Love and miss you bunches! Love Grandma xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete