Sunday, May 16, 2010

Basketball Season

Hi it's me Ethan. The last time I posted it was about my grandma (grandma Hopson) coming to Germany. This post is going to be a pretty short blog about my basketball season and how it ended. So first of all just a tiny recap about what team I'm on and etc. Well first of all the team I'm on is my school basketball team. The league that we play in is called Sportverein. I tried out for this U12 basketball team in August 2009 right after school started. I was surprised to make this team because it was really meant for 5th graders and some 6th graders (You had to be born after 1.9.1997 to be on the team. Any older and you would have to be on the U14 team). We have 13 players on our team. Most of our team is fifth graders (Eric, Alex, Contantin, John-David, Karl, Saharat, Martin). 3 people (Marc, Timur, Valantin) are 6th graders. 1 4th grader (me). And two 3rd graders (Ethan.W and Brandon). At the beginning of this basketball season me and my teams goal was that we were going to try to be this league's champion. By the middle of the basketball season we hadn't had any loses and we were first in the league so we changed our goal and said we were going to try to be undefeated champions (we have 22 games in our whole season).

We were playing our last game and it was a blowout. The final score was something like 93 to approximately 45 or less. My team easily won. I made the last shot of the season for my team! It was almost a three pointer too. There was about 5 seconds left when I got the pass. I was in the far right corner about a step away from the three point line. A defender was guarding me. My back was facing the basket, so I was facing the opposite direction as the basketball hoop. My shot was a quick turn around fade away jump shot. The second I released the ball from my turn around fade away jump shot I knew it was going in. The ball was heading straight for the basket. I heard a swoosh sound that was made from the basketball that I had just released from my hands. I had made it. And it was a swish I might add. The shot went in with 3 seconds left and the other team didn't score in those three seconds. And that's how my basketball season ended. A pretty cool way to end a great basketball season. My team finished the season with no losses so we were crowned champions, undefeated champions.

That's the end of this post. So see-ya.

1 comment:

  1. and I can't wait until next Season.....

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete