Friday, May 21, 2010

Second Amsterdam Visit (with Grandma!)

So Ethan did a great job of describing our time with my Mom here! I have some images to add to his posts. It was fantastic to have her here and I'm glad she got to see our house and lifestyle. I know it's still hard for her to have us so far away, but I think she understands even more now why we're here and why we're enjoying it so much.

View from our hotel in Amsterdam

Still on our list of tours to take

The city's much more colorful this time of year! It was cold, grey & rainy when we were here last


Rijksmuseum
'The Kitchen Maid' by Vermeer (postcard scan)
'The Night Watch' by Rembrandt (postcard scan)


I was so glad that we could share the experience of going to the Anne Frank House with my mom.
The bookcase that hid the secret staircase, which you actually get to climb. (postcard scan)
This was one of the parts of the house that made me emotional - pictures that Anne had taped to the wall as decoration. For some reason, the other area that got to me was the kitchen sink - I just got a vision in my head of the women working in the kitchen, trying to keep the group fed and keep some level of normalcy. (postcard scan)



On the Canal Boat Tour


Keukenhof Gardens in the Netherlands. We missed the full-on tulip blooming time by a week or two, but they had tulips inside and other plants blooming outside. (Ethan took most of these pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment