Monday, November 16, 2009

A castle+Halloween trick`or` treating and party

Gutentag, that's the German word for hello or good day. It's Ethan. Today I am going to blog about a castle called Schloss Burg and what Halloween was like here in Germany. Firstly, I will be talking about a castle that my family and me went to that was called Schloss Burg. The castle, Schloss Burg, was located in Bottrop which is a town in Germany. The castle is at the top of a big hill so to get up to it you have to go on to a lift. The lift it's self was very cool, it went diagonal almost the whole way up. One cool thing about the lift was that at the beginning you went over a little stream which I thought was cool. Alright back to the castle, so once the lift had reached the top of the big hill I was surprised because I just a expected a big castle to be at the top of the big hill but actually it was like a little town. There were tons of stores, places to eat, and other stuff but right in the center of all of that lay the castle, the huge castle. Inside the castle they had pretty much made it just into a museum. There were paintings and other artifacts plus some knight armor including shields, guns, helmets, and swords my brother liked that part of the castle. It was very cool walking through the castle. At one part of the castle you were at the tipy top of the castle and you step out onto something like a balcony and let me tell you the views from that balcony were AMAZING!! The whole castle was AMAZING!! I really enjoyed the Shloss Burg castle.

I would like to start this post by asking "how was every ones Halloween in Michigan?" That's what this post is going to be about, well it's not going to be about your Halloween but my Halloween. When I woke up October 31st (Halloween) I was so excited it is Halloween I kept thinking. Here in Germany they do not really celebrate Halloween they do not trick `or` treat at all but my family and me are lucky because a club called the American Women's Club (which is a club that my mom goes to) hosts a Halloween party and a thing called trunk `or` treat at my school. A week before Halloween (the 24th) the American Women's Club hosted a Halloween party at the ISD senior school which is just across the street from my school (the ISD elementary school). The Halloween party was very cool!! There was a haunted house plus tons of games and a place to eat. I really liked the senior school Halloween party! Oh, I forgot to tell you, for Halloween I was Antonio McDyess the basketball player from the Detroit Pistons.




They do not trick `or` treat door to door here but the American Women's club gets families that are interested to park their cars in the ISD elementary school parking lot and to open and decorate their trunk and instead of trick `or` treating you go trunk `or` treating!! Isn't that a cool idea! That's what my family and me did on Halloween since we couldn't trick `or` treat. It was a very fun Halloween!!

1 comment: