Monday, November 16, 2009

Part 5 of Ethan's Paris story

This is me Ethan talking about my part five of my Paris story. I'm going to still be talking about Saturday this time but I'm going to be talking about Saturday when it was mid day and afternoon. We had just finished eating lunch at Cafe Saint Honore and decided we were going to go to the Notre Dame cathedral next. We had to walk a little bit to get there but we got there in no time. Just the outside of the Notre Dame cathedral was amazing but the inside of the Notre Dame cathedral was incredible!!
All of the stain glass windows, wonderful paintings, and lots and lots of pews. The Notre Dame cathedral was amazing, I really liked going to it. After we were done with the cathedral we decided we wanted to go on a tour of the city, at first we had planned to go on a bus tour but we couldn't find a good one to go on so we ended up going on a boat tour that was great!! The boat was all glass on the top and on the sides so you could see easily every thing you were passing. The back of the boat was not enclosed so you could just walk out a door at the end of the boat and get some fresh air. Some of the big places that the boat passed was the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and of course the Notre Dame cathedral. The boat ride was great, I really enjoyed it passing all of those land marks. That was the last big thing we did on Saturday. We went back to our hotel after that and relaxed for the rest of the day. That night I didn't want to go to sleep because I didn't want tomorrow to come, you know why it's because tomorrow my family and me would be going back to Germany and I wanted to stay in Paris for a bit longer, but eventually I went to sleep and I woke up the next morning. That morning around 9:30 we left our hotel and started are 5 hour drive back to Germany. On our way back to Germany I couldn't help thinking "this has been a great exploration vacation".
View's of the Notre Dame cathedral from the boat.
Veiw of the Louvre from the boat.
View of the city from the boat.

2 comments:

  1. You and Griffin sure are lucky to have had this chance to travel and see all these historic and beautiful places. Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey G, Great Pictures! You guys are so lucky to see so many great places. Keep the posts coming, your donig a great job! Love & miss you guys Uncle Tim.

    ReplyDelete